Please join in on our upcoming virtual events!
We are going virtual with the science community! Here are some events that we have participated in as well as what we have in upcoming events:
1. The date is coming up for the 2020 In-House Education Retreat. It will take place Saturday, October 17th, 2o20, completely virtual, over Zoom. Equip yourself with evidence-based knowledge about current gender disparity issues facing women across STEM fields. The event will begin at 9am and end at 5:30pm. Follow us on the WiSE Twitter for updates.
2. Our last Virtual Journal Club was on July 23rd. Stay tuned for future Journal Clubs!
3. We are hosting practice zoom talks for interested post-docs or graduate students. Please email Andrea Moffitt at : firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested! Intimidated about doing a presentation or dissertation defense over Zoom? Well we can give you some practice and we encourage you to take advantage and sign up or at least participate by watching.
4. WiSE is looking to set up virtual "Skype a Scientist" events for students. If you or any educators know of a group of students that would be interested, please email Alexa Pagliaro at : email@example.com. During this time of social distancing WiSE at CSHL is looking to move many of its education and outreach initiatives online. "Skype a Scientist" sessions are events where WiSE scientists speak with a group of students about their research, their path to CSHL, and what life is like as a scientist. These sessions are also meant to be interactive, and students are encouraged to ask any questions they may have. If you or an educator you know have a group of students in mind that would like to participate in one of these events, please contact Alexa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We are also participating in Coffee Hours hosted by GWISE SBU over Zoom. WiSE members participated in their first virtual coffee hour. Keep an eye out on social media for the next event!
6. WiSE Scientists volunteered to help lead DNALC WiSE Fun with DNA, an all girls summer camp! The camp was held August 24th to 28th, 2020. If you are a parent or a teacher and are interested in sending middle school girls to our DNA summer camp next year (2021), please DM us on one of our social media accounts to be added to our mailing list. We have scholarship spots available to students with financial limitations.